Now available for rent is this stylish and spacious Two ...
Properties For Rent Sydney
Luxurious Modern Apartment available for rent ideally located in the ...
Positioned on a quiet street and yet conveniently close to ...
This creatively designed two bedroom apartment, is intended for laidback ...
Tenancy Information and FAQs
Starting your tenancy
- How do I apply?
To apply go to www.metrorealty.com.au/apply
- How long does the application approval process take?
Once we receive your application with all the necessary documents, the application process can take approximately 1-3 days. The leasing agent will let you know when/if you have been successful.
Should you be requested additional documents, providing them as fast as possible will speed up your application process.
- What do I do if I don’t hear back within that timeframe?
Please be patient, sometimes this process can take longer than expected. However, if your application has taken longer than 3 days with no response please call your leasing agent.
Note: Your leasing agent could be waiting for additional documents from you so please check your email first.
You will still be notified if you have NOT been successful.
- How is the bond lodged? Do I lodge it myself?
Bond lodgments are now all done online. Once your application has been approved and lease signing appointment made, we will send you a bond lodgement request. The request will come from Rental Bonds Online and you will need to follow the prompts and pay online.
Please note: We cannot sign a lease without bond being paid.
- How to utilities work? Gas, electricity etc?
Most apartments include water in the rent, however it is your responsibility to pay for gas and electricity. You will need to set up an account with your chosen provider, or we can help with arranging connection with our partner providers.
In houses and townhouses you are generally required to pay for water usage.
- My application’s been approved, what do I do next?
Once your application has been approved, the agent will be in touch to confirm a lease signing and move in date. Before this date you will be required to pay bond (4 weeks rent) plus 2 weeks rent in advance. The leasing agent will provide you with details on how to make this payment.
- Rental payments
All rents are paid via direct debit.
- Why do I have to go on direct debit?
Direct debit ensures that all payments are made on time, this is very important to our landlords and to our agency. This also benefits you because you don’t have to worry about manually paying rent, having rent paid on time every week also creates a good history for your rental record.
- What do I need to bring on the day of lease signing?
– All tenants named on lease must be present during lease signing.
– Please ensure bond, rent is paid prior to lease singing.
– You will also need to have your bank account details ready to authority the direct debit agreement.
- Is the apartment going to be cleaned before I move in?
Yes, when the previous tenant moves out, the property will be cleaned prior to the new tenant moving in.
- What do I do if I want flatmates/tenant changes?
If you wish for new people to move in, they will need to submit an application and will be subject to approval by the landlord. New flatmates are NOT ALLOWED to move in before their application is approved, this would be a breach of the lease which is a legal document.
- How many keys do I get?
Generally, same as number of people on lease
- Buildings which issue photo ID swipe cards
If you are renting in a secure building which requires photo ID swipe, it will be your responsibility and cost to buy the necessary swipe cards. It is not within the owner’s power to issue photo ID cards.
During your tenancy
- Condition Report
You should have received two copies of the condition report upon signing your lease. Please complete and return one copy to our office within 7 days of moving in. If you do not return your condition report, you are acknowledging the condition of the property as per the report.
Please note that condition report is only for noting the condition of the property when you move in therefore it does not call your property manager to action.
- Payment of Rent
Rental Payments are to be paid minimum 2 weeks in advance. If you are making payments manually, please note the days that your rent is due. Please ensure sufficient funds are available for direct debit on the due dates. To change your direct debit bank account details, or for any accounts related enquiries please email: email@example.com
- How do I change my bank details for direct debits?
To change the account which the rent is debited, we require the details of the new account (account name, bank & branch, account number & bsb) from the current tenant. This can be in email form, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency contacts:
1. Police, fire and ambulance: 0002. Electrical: Glenco (02) 9700 9996
3. Plumbing services and General: Paul 0411 175 544
4. Emergency locksmiths: Locksmiths Sydney (02) 9555 5555
- Non Emergency contacts:
1. End of lease cleaning and carpet cleaning: Stephen De Bono 0400 348 838
2. Pest control: Uni pest 0434 280 176
- Got locked out?
In the event of you being locked out of your property After Hours please contact a Locksmith at your expense.
In the event that you’re locked out during Business Hours you may borrow the office keys for $66.
The keys must be returned the next day.
Ending your tenancy
- Moving out
Vacating at the end of lease: minimum 2 weeks notice is required
Vacating after the lease ends: minimum 3 weeks notice is required
To give notice to vacate simply send a email specifying your vacate date to: email@example.com
We will then reply by sending you instructions on vacating your property and finalise the payments etc.
- Bond refund
The standard bond processing time can take up to 21 days.
Bond is refunded to the same account as the direct debit account. If you are not on direct debit please provide us with your bank account details.
- Helpful tip
· Please note that 98% of bond deductions are caused by self-done cleaning jobs, therefore we strongly suggest using a professional cleaner for your vacate cleaning.
· Make sure all light bulbs are working.
· Please ensure no personal items are left on the premises as you may be charged rent until they are removed and/or for the cost to remove the items